Finally: I'm live... :)

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue May 4 20:34:22 IST 2004

Jason Williams wrote:

>> Congratulations!
>> For one moment I thought this day would never come :-) Now just let
>> Bayes
>> fill with some nice Spam, a few final tweeks to ensure a good Spam catch
>> rate and Robert is your mother's brother :-D
>

> Feels good.
>
> Just a couple of questions....
>
> As im monitoring the server here, as far as resources, what should I be
> keeping on eye on?
>
> For instance, right now, I see the following:
>
> Load Avg:
>
> 0.0.3  0.0.7  0.0.2    (highest I saw was 0.22)

So your not pushing your box much then :-)  Those look pretty good. As
far as things to look for I always keep an eye on delivery delays, as
Peter (I think?) said earlier, it's a good indicator and over view of
system & network performance. If an area starts to under perform you
will see the delays increase (For example if Razor starts to time out
while doing network checks, not a problem that you have much direct
control over but it might start to cause queue increases).

If I want to keep an eye on things and the server is not too busy, I
will tail the mail log for a while just monitoring message delivery speeds.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk