Read Reciept Signing & PDF's

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 4 12:20:53 IST 2004

At 12:00 04/05/2004, you wrote:
> [...]

The plot thickens. Outlook actually changes the file on its way out. It
sends it as quoted-printable, but changes the end-of-line sequence in 1 or
2 places. Most notable is after the first bit of binary header right at the
top of the file. In the original PDF file, there are a string of binary
characters ending in \r\n. The quoted-printable file output by Outlook
drops the \r leaving only \n.
If you take this file from Outlook and load it into Acrobat, it notes that
the file is damaged but is fixing it for you.
This is assuming that my understanding of quoted-printable is roughly right.
:-(
--
Julian Field

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk