Bayes expiry, and bayes corruption

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Tue May 4 04:17:14 IST 2004

Hi.

At 08:45 PM 5/3/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Gib Gilbertson Jr. wrote:
>># /usr/local/bin/spamassassin --lint -C
>>/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>>Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
>>bayes_auto_expire 0
>
>Since the default for expire is to do it (1) and your line is ignored
>for some reason I bet that's why you still have problems with it.
>Concentrate on fixing the above problem.
>
>I just needed to remove the comment from Julians example and it worked.
>Are you sure you don't have anything strange on that line or the one
>before or after? Like white space before or after the line or special
>characters or something?

I don't believe it's being ignored. It is when you lint the spamassassin
rules and give it the local of the spamassassin conf file it then tells you
"Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
bayes_auto_expire 0"

I'm just trying to figure out is it just skipping that configuration
option  because ti doesn't know what to do with it, or is it skipping the
rest of the checks because it failed at that point. Because of that line in
the config file, other scripts I run which lint the spamassassin rules fail.

gib

>--
>/Peter Bonivart
>
>--Unix lovers do it in the Sun
>
>Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
>SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.45, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4
>
>-------------------------- MailScanner list ----------------------
>To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
>Before posting, please see the Most Asked Questions at
>http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives at
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.
     Tierramiga Info Systems