simple question!!! Why?

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Sat May 1 15:00:06 IST 2004

Idan Plotnik wrote:
> 1. Martin thanks a lot
> 2. about RBL lists, where I configure the RBL list in the
> spamassassin/MailScanner ?
>     I know this line in the MailScanner.conf "Spam List = ORDB-RBL #
> MAPS-RBL+ costs money (except .ac.uk)"
>     but I don't know if this line OK or NOT.

This is for RBL lists in MailScanner.  For spamassassin, it is in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf.  See this setting:

# By default, SpamAssassin will run RBL checks.  If your ISP already
# does this, set this to 1.
#
# skip_rbl_checks 1

> 3. I looked over this file "spam.assassin.prefs.conf" and I found this :
>
> whitelist_from          monty at roscom.com
>
> Who is "monty at roscom.com" and why I am getting my whitelist from him ?

# Monty Solomon: he posts from an ISP that has often been the source of spam
# (no fault of his own ;), and sometimes uses Bcc: when mailing.

-this comes with spamassassin.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk