simple question!!! Why?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat May 1 15:04:43 IST 2004

At 13:02 01/05/2004, you wrote:
>1. Martin thanks a lot
>2. about RBL lists, where I configure the RBL list in the
>spamassassin/MailScanner ?
>     I know this line in the MailScanner.conf "Spam List = ORDB-RBL #
>MAPS-RBL+ costs money (except .ac.uk)"
>     but I don't know if this line OK or NOT.

That is where to put RBL lists in MailScanner.conf. The names (such as
ORDB-RBL) that you use in that line must be defined in spam.lists.conf. The
format of that file is obvious, if you need to change it.

>3. I looked over this file "spam.assassin.prefs.conf" and I found this :
>
>whitelist_from          monty at roscom.com
>
>Who is "monty at roscom.com" and why I am getting my whitelist from him ?

It is a sample email address. You are not getting your whitelist from him,
you are whitelisting messages from him. It means "whitelist messages from"
and not "get whitelist from".
--
Julian Field

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk