Problem With PDF Files - SOLVED

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Sat May 1 02:29:09 IST 2004

> >Can we produce a list of the MIME-types that MailScanner should not sign.
> >At the moment it will sign any in-line text/* section. I can easily put
> in
> >a little list of exceptions to catch things like text/pdf. What are the
> >MIME types used by Outlook for these messages?
> >
> >It would be good to get this fixed before the next release, so the next
> >release will have to wait until we get this resolved.
>
> Or would I be better off only signing text/plain and text/html?

Hmm, I like this method better than the other, /however/ I have a feeling it
may result in a heap of "corrections" post initial release.  Could this list
of mime types be included in a ruleset?

I don't really want to make yet another option in the config file if we
don't have to, but perhaps this might be easiest even if it's only while
this feature is in unstable mode.

Regards,

David Hooton
Senior Partner