Help!! URGENT!!

James Gray james_gray at OCS.COM
Wed Mar 31 11:54:15 IST 2004

kfliong wrote:
> Yup, I have checked the mails and most of them became spam because BAYES_99
> have a value of 5.90. That itself already make the email a spam. Default
> spam score is 5.00.
>
> Anyway, does turning "use_bayes 1" meaning that spamassassin will
> automatically learn all the emails that go through mailscanner? How can I
> switch on bayes and only make it learn from messages that I fed it?

I believe adding:

auto_learn   0

to the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file will do what you want.  My full
bayes options are:

use_bayes                      1   # 1=on, 0=off
bayes_path                     /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes
bayes_file_mode                0600
auto_learn_threshold_nonspam   -2  # anything <= this is learned as HAM
auto_learn_threshold_spam      10  # anything >= this is learned as SPAM
auto_learn                     1   # 1=on, 0=off.

These all together enable the Bayesian classifier AND auto-learning.

Change the "auto_learn" to 0 (zero) it will leave bayes running but
disable the auto-learn as you want.

HTH.

James