MIME::Tools

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Wed Mar 31 09:17:57 IST 2004

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Remco Barendse wrote:

> It seems that there is no-one on the list with sufficient time and
> knowledge to take over the maintaining MIME::Tools

Progress!  (I hope.)

Following my message a couple of days ago, I emailed the maintainer of
MIME::Tools yesterday.  I offered, if no-one else was forthcoming, to take
over MIME::Tools.

The maintainer has just replied, informing me that another maintainer had
stepped forward, apparently associated with MIMEDefang.  So I'll try to
make contact with them, and see whether they are aware of MailScanner, and
whether we can get Julian's patches incorporated.

> Is it difficult to rename Julian's version to MSMIME:Tools and re-submit
> it tp CPAN? All I want/need is Julian's version that will do what I want
> it to do (scan mail) and I don't care about the rest :)

It would be much better to keep a single, unforked, MIME::Tools that
everyone, including both the MailScanner and MIMEDefang communities can
use.  Hopefully, that can be achieved.

I'll try to keep the MS list informed.