Preventing outgoing mail from being scanned for spam

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Tue Mar 30 21:00:39 IST 2004

Jason Williams wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I'm currently trying to find out how to stop mailscanner from scanning
> outbound mail for spam. Here is my setup:
>
> Using MS on our Company DMZ, acting as a mail gateway. Doing all the goodie
> tricks; spam checking, virus checking. It then forwards all the mail to our
> internal Lotus Domino server. Testing so far, everything works great.
>
> Now, when email is sent from Lotus Notes client, it goes from the client,
> to the domino server, back out through the mail gateway. I want to have
> outbound mail scanned for viruses, but not spam.
>
> Is it possible to setup a rule of some sort to stop outbound spam scanning,
> but still leave it enabled for incoming?

I don't use it myself but you should be able to use a ruleset for "Spam
Checks" where you list your Domino servers IP address as no and default
as yes. Check the archives, this has been discussed before I think.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25