whitelist problems

Don Newcomer newcomer at DICKINSON.EDU
Mon Mar 29 21:01:48 IST 2004

I sent a message earlier but it didn't appear to make it to the list so I'm
trying again.  I'm running MailScanner 4.28.5-2 with SpamAssassin 2.63.
I've run into occasional problems with messages to this list being picked
up as spam because of the content we send around.  Because of that, I've
added the following line to my spam.whitelist.rules file:

To:     MAILSCANNER*@JISCMAIL.AC.UK     yes

The asterisk covers both this list and the MAILSCANNER-ANNOUNCE list.
However, this morning I had the attached message picked up as spam from
this group.  I just noted that the message contains another message with
its own "To:" line.  Could that have confused MS/SA?

Don Newcomer                                            Dickinson College
Senior Manager, Systems                                 P.O. Box 1773
newcomer at dickinson.edu                                  Carlisle, PA  17013
                                                        Phone: (717) 245-1256
                                                          FAX: (717) 245-1690