MIME::Tools

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Mon Mar 29 10:55:08 IST 2004

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Remco Barendse wrote:

> Funny, there is a discussion about the Mime:Tools on the gentoo forum.
> One of the problems to get MailScanner in the Gentoo portage system are
> the Mime::Tools (there is no problem to install it!).
>
> Would it be possible to re-submit your version of the Mime::Tools under a
> modified name to CPAN?
>
> Gentoo uses a system whereby packages are automatically upgraded if a new
> version is available.
>
> If your patches cannot be merged with Mime::Tools why not create
> a MSMime::Tools or Mime:ToolsMSPatched or something like that?
>
> This would also improve the installation for other distro's too as
> everything could be fetched from CPAN then :)

A couple of months ago, there was a flurry of emails amongst Julian, the
keeper of Mime::Tools and myself.  My understanding is that the maintainer
of "Mime::Tools" is unable to commit the time to maintaining it
single-handed and would appreciate working with others.  And Julian,
understandably, also would not be able to find the time to take it over.

Is there anyone here (MS community) who might be able to take this on?
Or consider being part of a small group to do this?

Julian: Do you have a test suite for "Mime::Tools" that would assist
anyone here who might get involved in its maintenance?