FreeBSD Postfix hash names/depth

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Mon Mar 29 06:44:36 IST 2004

Pete wrote:

> Hi, i have install postfix 2.19 and MaiLScanner 4.29-2 and SA 2.63 on
> FreeBSD 4.9 -Note i am using the HOLD method of single POstfix usage.
> header_checks = pcre;/usr/local/etc/postfix/header_checks
> /^Received/ HOLD
>
> Everything works finer, until i do Use Spamassassin = yes  when i do
> that i get the following in the maillog, if i do sa = no it is fixed. I
> installed the SA port.
>
> Mar 29 15:13:19 mailbsd01 MailScanner[78201]: Messages found but no
> hashed queue directories. Please enable hashed queues for incoming and
> deferred with a depth of 1 or 2. See the Postfix documentation for
> hash_queue_names and hash_queue_depth
>
> I saw int he archives Julian had posted to add hash_queue_depth and
> hash_queue_names tot he main.cf but this doesnt help and postconf -d says
> depth = 1
> names = incoming, active,deferred,bounce,defer,flush,hold
>
> Any ideas?

Sorry to reply to own post but i fixed it. Sorry for not debugin before
posting :(

I put on debug, notice that razor is installed as a dep of SA in FreeBSD
:( it was trying to use the postfix incoming dir as its home dir, i have
no idea why, it was also writing the razor-agents.log to same dir,
causing MailScanner to spew. I did use_razor2 0 and it was fixed. I can
troubleshoot razor another time

thanks
Pete