Mail not being delivered

René Berber rberber at LEGOSOFT.COM.MX
Thu Mar 25 20:42:29 GMT 2004

On 2004-03-25 09:22:15 -0600 Annabel Maseko <annabel at ZAMNET.ZM> wrote:

[snip]
> I haven't found anything unusual in the logs. I also checked the
> configurations as you suggested and they are ok. I enabled debug in
> MailScanner.conf and this is what I got:
>

> Starting MailScanner...
> In Debugging mode, not forking...
> Segmentation fault
>
> At first I thought it was the spamassassin so I changed the "Use
> Spamassassin to 'no'" but I still got a segmentation fault.
>
> Any ideas?

Could be that a change in some library broke your perl installation.

Try to run "perl -V", does it show the details or just doesn't run?

If perl seems to work, and make sure MailScanner is using it (in Solaris 8 I have an old perl that came with the OS and a new one), try adding -w to the beginning of the MailScanner script.

If perl doesn't work, use "ldd `which perl`" (those are acute accent marks, the left to right accent), this should show which library is not found.

Keep us posted.
--
René Berber
GnuPG ID : 0x5E2D25FE