Server Crash

Ken Anderson (Pacific Internet) ka at PACIFIC.NET
Thu Mar 25 16:35:31 GMT 2004

We run 2 2650s with MailScanner (scsi disks/hardware raid 1)
On a couple of occassions over the last year we've seen 1 of them die
with disk i/o errors on the console - nothing is logged.

The machine recovers after a hard reboot, fsck says it's happy and it's
back online again. Not good.. I suspect the disk or adaptec card is
having some trouble keeping up with the i/o, but it's very random.

Ken A
Pacific.Net