URL Redirecting on webmail

Chris Sweeney csweeney at OSUBUCKS.ORG
Wed Mar 24 04:46:44 GMT 2004

One thing I can think so check is any perl modules that your webmail maybe
using.  When you installed MS it might have updated one of the modules and
you might need to reinstall your webmail to get it to notice the new
modules, or perhaps you need an updated webmail to work with the new
modules.  But in either case I would start by comparing the modules that MS
and webmail have in common, I would be you will find something there.

Chris

________________________________

On Behalf Of josh
        Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 10:28 PM
        To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        Subject: URL Redirecting on webmail

        OK i have successful installed mailscanner on another box, the
sendmail, clamav, sophos and mailscanner are all working fine (i'm getting
good at it for a linux noob :), however after starting it and running it the
webmail (using Basilix) system wont work anymore. When i go to the URL for
the webmail IE just sits there loading indefinately, in mozilla i get thie
error "Redirection limit for this URL has been exceeded. Unable to load the
requested page" searching for this error on the net was fruitless.

        messages log has nothing out of the ordinary, neither does the
maillog, however in the apache access log there is this line

        [24/Mar/2004:14:00:29 +1000] "GET /index.php?testCookie=1 HTTP/1.0"
302 0 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.1)
Gecko/20020826

        1000's of times (seems to run it every second that someone tries to
access the webmail page.
        I have checked all the basilix conf files and all seems in order.

        this box is using redhat 7.3,
        perl 5.8.3
        apache 1.3.23
        MailScanner 4.28.4-1