Reloading MS service via email?

Max Kipness mkipness at GENIANT.COM
Tue Mar 23 20:11:16 GMT 2004

I've got my scripts pretty much ironed out so that a user can simply
forward a spam message to an email address, have the spam email added to
the blacklist and then sent a confirmation. What I'd like to also do is
have the script reload the MailScanner service. Since this is being done
via the user 'mail', can anyone give me some tips on the best way to
accomplish this. So far I'm thinking of using SUDO to allow 'mail' to
run 'kill' and /etc/init.d/MailScanner? Is there a better and/or more
secure way?

Thanks,
Max