Announcements-only list

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Mar 20 14:44:27 GMT 2004

At 14:37 20/03/2004, you wrote:
>Julian Field wrote:
>
>>Relax guys, it's a very small amount of mail whatever.
>Agreed.  I promise not to get excited :).

>>>then we will get all announcements twice ?
>>>1. announce-list
>>>2. mailscanner-list
>>

>>Probably yes, I'm sure you can cope with 1 extra bit of mail per week
>>(which is about the volume we're talking about here).
>
>I can cope with just about anything.   But, what was the point of
>automatically subscribing everyone on the mailscanner-list to the
>announce-list if announcements will be sent to both places?  Perhaps I
>missed something.  It doesn't matter too much.  Do what you think is
>best and I'll deal with it.

Lots of well-meant but conflicting advice from everyone. If you just want
announcements you can unsubscribe from the main list. If you are
desperately worried about 4 emails per month you can unsubscribe from the
announcements list. It's up to you. Feel free to worry about it if you
think it helps :-)
--
Julian Field