Announcements-only list

Richard Lynch rich at MAIL.WVNET.EDU
Sat Mar 20 14:37:00 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:

> Relax guys, it's a very small amount of mail whatever.

Agreed.  I promise not to get excited :).

> At 13:18 20/03/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>
>>> I will subscribe the discussion list to the announcements list.
>>

>> then we will get all announcements twice ?
>> 1. announce-list
>> 2. mailscanner-list
>

> Probably yes, I'm sure you can cope with 1 extra bit of mail per week
> (which is about the volume we're talking about here).

I can cope with just about anything.   But, what was the point of
automatically subscribing everyone on the mailscanner-list to the
announce-list if announcements will be sent to both places?  Perhaps I
missed something.  It doesn't matter too much.  Do what you think is
best and I'll deal with it.