[I KNOW THIS ISN'T RELATED BUT I'M POSTING IT ANYWAY] Decomissioning a DNS anti-spam list

Sat Mar 20 11:32:31 GMT 2004

Hi!

> It just goes to show what a little bit of forward planning can do.
> A domain name costs a few pounds per year to register, they could have
> had monkeysbl.com and monkeys.com. Then, to get rid of the problem, you
> just drop monkeysbl.com. The good part of that  method is that any
> further dns lookups could end up hit ting verisign/netsol dns instead.

Afterwards everything always is easy. If i could really do that i would be
millionaire by now, then i would just buy the winning lottery tickets
afterwards :)

And really, most of those RBLs start very low profile, and then al of the
sudden boom. Most they start private, as a test, test grows out and then
you are where monkeys are now.

Sure, with planning most could be foreseen, but thats unfortunately not
the case.

Bye,
Raymond.