MailScanner.conf

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Sat Mar 20 05:32:07 GMT 2004

Hi.

I don't have a /rules/blacklist.rules. Just the spam.whitelist.rules for
people that want no scanning at all.

Low scoring spam might be getting tagged, but it's being deleted instead of
delivered.

It is kind of strange. I was under the impression that each s after
see some with ssss sssss (I thought this meant 9 points) that still get
delivered but not tagged in the subject line.

gib

At 07:33 PM 3/19/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>On 2004-03-19 18:56:44 -0600 Gib Gilbertson Jr. <gib at TMISNET.COM> wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm trying to deliver low scoring spam, and delete high scoring spam, but
> > this doesn't seem to work. I guess I don't understand the operation of the
> > settings in MailScanner.conf.
> >
> > I have
> >
> > Spam Actions = deliver
> > High Scoring Spam Actions = delete
>
>This is correct.
>
> > Does mail not get tagged and delivered is we have our spam threshold set to
> > 6 and spam actions set to deliver?
>
>Yes it does get delivered with the tag on the subject line.
>
> > Low scoring spam is still getting deleted. Is there some setting I'm
> missing?
>
>If you have a rules/spam/blacklist.rules those rules plus the "Definite
>Spam Is High Scoring" option can overide the score and could be marking
>some or all e-mail as high scoring spam.
>
>Perhaps you could use a test message and MS in debug mode to see what is
>going on.
>--
>René Berber
>GnuPG ID : 0x5E2D25FE