MailScanner.conf

René Berber rberber at LEGOSOFT.COM.MX
Sat Mar 20 01:33:20 GMT 2004

On 2004-03-19 18:56:44 -0600 Gib Gilbertson Jr. <gib at TMISNET.COM> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to deliver low scoring spam, and delete high scoring spam, but
> this doesn't seem to work. I guess I don't understand the operation of the
> settings in MailScanner.conf.
>
> I have
>
> Spam Actions = deliver
> High Scoring Spam Actions = delete

This is correct.

> Does mail not get tagged and delivered is we have our spam threshold set to
> 6 and spam actions set to deliver?

Yes it does get delivered with the tag on the subject line.

> Low scoring spam is still getting deleted. Is there some setting I'm missing?

If you have a rules/spam/blacklist.rules those rules plus the "Definite Spam Is High Scoring" option can overide the score and could be marking some or all e-mail as high scoring spam.

Perhaps you could use a test message and MS in debug mode to see what is going on.
--
René Berber
GnuPG ID : 0x5E2D25FE