Announcements-only list

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Fri Mar 19 19:22:24 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:

> I have just set up a moderated "announcements only" list.
> Would you all like to be subscribed to it, or shall I leave you to do it on
> your own?
>
> If I don't do it for you, then no-one who doesn't actively follow the list
> will find out about it :-(
> And they are just the people who probably most want it.
>
> If I subscribe you all, I will maintain the "Conceal" status for those of
> you are concealed list members.
>
> Any strong objections?

Will announcements still go to this list?  If so, then I don't see a
need to push everyone over to that list.  It would seem to be a way for
people to voluntarily reduce their traffic.  If this list still gets
announcements, then I'll probably stay on this list alone.

Though, I don't object to having everyone subscribed to that list.  Fair
warning is good enough for me.