New versions of F-Prot Antivirus (fwd)

Gerry Doris gdoris at ROGERS.COM
Fri Mar 19 12:49:29 GMT 2004

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Paul Welsh wrote:
> > Is anyone using the new f-prot version (4.4.1)?
>
> yep, works very well. has new heuristics for catching bagle variants
> inside zipfiles.
>
> -Dan

I'm seeing some strange things with the new F-Prot.

I sent a message containing a password protected zip virus to myself.
Trend and ClamAV both found the virus (with different names) and
MailScanner said there was a virus in the zip file.  However, F-Prot only
warned that it contained a dangerous .exe file.

I'm not sure that F-Prot would have stopped the zip file if it had of been
the only protection???

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer