MS/SA Upgrade

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Fri Mar 19 01:41:29 GMT 2004

Christian Campbell wrote:

Personally i recommend see www.routier.org/ms.htm for a method of backup
service MailScanner stop
rpm -e spamassassin
then install SA from source and update all dependancies (see Julians
site for a list) then test etc
upgrade MailScanner

This is a 10 - 15min process, so pick a quiet time of day (you need to
allow for enexpected downtime) and upgrade. Make sure you allow your
self enough time to roll back the changes if you need to...