ClamAV + MailScanner

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Mar 18 20:57:07 GMT 2004

Mariano Absatz wrote:
> But I'm not talking about using it in daemon mode... what I say is,
> either interactively via 'system()' or directly via library (which is
> what clamavmodule does), to give clamav access to the message as a whole
> _only_ when MailScanner detects an encrypted archive...

Yeah, I know you didn't suggest that, I was just trying to make a point
about why it works so well now compared to those who use it (Clam)
differently, sorry about not being clear about that.

It's just that following this list I see people ask for "special
treatment" ;-) all the time and I'm worried about MS being bloated and
slow but luckily Julian always seems to choose a solution that works out
for all of us.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25