ANNOUNCE: Unstable 4.29.3 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 18:12:27 GMT 2004

I made a screw up with 4.29.2 where you will find it blocks messages
containing several attachments as being "nested too deeply" when of course
it shouldn't.

This version should fix that problem, and also adds the ability to unpack
self-extracting Zip archives.

I will work on the outstanding issues, and the lists of HTML tags to disarm
or ban, soon.

Download as usual from www.mailscanner.info

Changelog for 4.29.3 is now this:

* New Features and Improvements *
- More robust MIME decoding, should catch postmaster bounces a lot better
   when they include the entire message with broken MIME headers.
- Clam -wrapper script adds /usr/ucb to end of $PATH for Solaris users.
- Moved cron job maximum update delay to /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner so it
   is preserved across upgrades.
- <Script> tags in HTML message bodies can now be filtered out or disarmed,
   just like what can be done already with <Form> tags and similar.
- <Object Data> tags handled as well as <Object Codebase> tags.
- Now unpacks self-extracting Zip archives.

* Fixes *
- When not checking archives at all, they are now passed through correctly.
- Max Archive Depth should have been settable per-message.
- F-Prot output parser re-fixed so that it lets through password-encrypted
   archives as it should. Don't know what I was thinking when I blocked them
   here :-(
- Various waiting speedups by JJH.
- More speedups by me :-)
- Fixed problem with messages with lots of attachments being labelled as
   being nested too deep.
--
Julian Field