4.29 performance..

Thu Mar 18 12:34:23 GMT 2004

Julian

after commenting on the amount of time 4.28.x was taking on my system I
thought you'd be interested in some info on 4.29.2...

Some of my users live in far away lands and have a simple mail
/etc/alias to forward on to their 'home' email.

So email comes in, gets scanned (virus, spam etc), dumped into
MailWatch's mysql DB, sent of to the corporate email server, gets
redirected back out via the MS gateway. Where it only gets virus scanned
and then into the mysql DB again and finally off to the end users email
address....

in 4.24.4 this showing about 5 seconds between the two entries in the
mysql DB

in 4.28.x this was more like 30 seconds...

in 4.29.x this is down to 6-7 seconds.

Thank you very much for looking at (and fixing) the problem..

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.