Need your experience

Guillaume gmi at nibcpetercam.com
Thu Mar 18 12:18:06 GMT 2004

Hi all ,

First post on this mailing list:

Config AMD 800 Mhz / HD 40Go /RAM 521 Mo
Sendmail serv
fprot
Outlook clients

I am discovering Mailscanner . I have already done little tests in order
to migrate my sendmail server which is ,of course, already in
production.

I would like to know your experience about mailscanner /f-prot :

- Did your migration was not to painfull. Which trouble take you a lot
of time to solve ?.
- Do I have to expect problems like it's impossible to send mails to
specifics hosts ?
- Is there an easy way to rollback to the old configuration ? (removing
mailscanner rpm is enough ? )

My idea is to put in production mailscanner with very tolerant settings
, I will increase security step by step  .( tips to start from a very
tolerant mailscanner ?)

Thanks to read me.
Any comments or feedbacks will be appreciated.

Best Regards.

Guillaume.