character set problems

Paulo Roncon paulo-m-roncon at PTINOVACAO.PT
Thu Mar 18 10:27:33 GMT 2004

I´m now messing with /etc/sysconfig/i18n and the sendmail.cf e submit.cf
(the latter 2 DefaultCharSet)

Here's the deal :
I send a message from the mailscanner box to my local account. The ç appears
correct
When I send it to my exchange box and open Outlook(...) other character
appears.

This problem only happens with characteres used with latin charset
(ISO8859-1)
The logs don't show nothing regarding this issue.

Anyone?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ugo Bellavance [mailto:ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM]
Sent: quarta-feira, 17 de Março de 2004 21:21
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: character set problems

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Paulo Roncon [mailto:paulo-m-roncon at PTINOVACAO.PT]
Envoyé : 17 mars, 2004 13:35
À : MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Objet : character set problems

Hello,
Hello.
i´m having some problems with the character sets in my mail.
I'm portuguese so i have some ç á ú´, etc.
after passing throu the mailscanner i receive an attachement and a msg
saying :

<UB>
First: don't post in HTML

Is it the case with all messages?  If you have only non accentuated
characters, is it okay? What is your e-mail client?
Anything special in the logs? in the headers?

<UB>

This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet
Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If
the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then
open it using a viewer that can display the original character set.
Can anyone give me a hand?