culpability of Infinite-Monkey (was) Infinite Monkeys and other BLs {Scanned} {Scanned}

Thu Mar 18 07:45:18 GMT 2004

Hi!

> Here is a simple answer to your long winded statement.
>
> 1.  IM has no way of notifying you of any changes other then to post on a
> web site and few mailing list. The difference between you ging Johnny a free
> account and you using IM is that you have a way to contact Johnny, you can
> send him an email you are running his account.  IM had no way other then
> posting on the web site of any changes comming.  Had you had to register in
> order to use the service and they had your contact information that is a
> different story.   I think the time frame they gave was more then enough,
> you should keep informed on products your using.  That includes black list.
> Plain and simple you need to keep informed on what your doing.

Its slightly differend, they asked, and so do most other RBL's, to join
their mailinglist when you use their RBL. Most people who complain here
simply didnt. I bet most didnt even visit the patriculair RBL's homepages
when they started using them. If you would have done that, and i simply
call that doing your homework, as a systemadmin, you would have been
notified. The regular lists also told you so.

I would like to ask (again) to just move this topic to other lists, they
dont belong here.

Perhaps Julian should act on this and put something inside his
distibution. Like: If it breaks, you are the happy owner of the two
pieces. Unless, unless you pay for commercial support, then you might get
help :)

Bye,
Raymond.