culpability of Infinite-Monkey (was) Infinite Monkeys and other BLs {Scanned} {Scanned}

Chris Sweeney csweeney at OSUBUCKS.ORG
Thu Mar 18 03:48:44 GMT 2004

Here is a simple answer to your long winded statement.

1.  IM has no way of notifying you of any changes other then to post on a
web site and few mailing list. The difference between you ging Johnny a free
account and you using IM is that you have a way to contact Johnny, you can
send him an email you are running his account.  IM had no way other then
posting on the web site of any changes comming.  Had you had to register in
order to use the service and they had your contact information that is a
different story.   I think the time frame they gave was more then enough,
you should keep informed on products your using.  That includes black list.
Plain and simple you need to keep informed on what your doing.

Chris

--------------------
For example,  As an ISP I give Johnny a free account.  I am going out of
business so I post on a web site that I am going out of business in five
months.  I don't send Johnny a piece of mail to that effect.  I simply put a
Bios Bomb that would attack at 2:00 AM and cause harm to his
computer, to him, and any one else whom might log on to my service who had
the audacity not to know I was going out of business.  I maintain that it is
common knowledge I'm going out of business because I posted it on a web site
and therefore it is perfectly reasonable to cause harm to
Johnny because he is obviously an uninformed dumb operator of a computer.

believed to be clean.