spam.list.conf

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Thu Mar 18 00:39:19 GMT 2004

Richard Lynch wrote:

> Pete wrote:
>

>> Spam List = # MAPS-RBL+ costs money (except .ac.uk)
>>

>> As i said, all RBL checking is happening with spamassassin, SA seems to
>> use all of these lists. I thought to let SA know which lists to use, i
>> commented them out/in in spam.lists.conf ?
>

> Keep in mind, as has already been pointed out,  spam.lists.conf is not
> the determining factor.  It's what's specified in MailScanner.conf
> that determines what MS uses.  The spam.lists.conf file just gives
> symbolic names to the the RBL sites.

But i have nothing entered into MailScanner, and my maillog show plenty
of RBL action- are the BLs used by Spamassassin configured elsewhere?

0.78    BIZ_TLD    Contains a URL in the BIZ top-level domain
1.95    DATE_IN_FUTURE_12_24    Date: is 12 to 24 hours after Received: date
2.25    RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET    Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
1.10    RCVD_IN_DSBL    Received via a relay in list.dsbl.org
2.55    RCVD_IN_DYNABLOCK    Sent directly from dynamic IP address
0.10    RCVD_IN_NJABL    Received via a relay in dnsbl.njabl.org
1.10    RCVD_IN_NJABL_PROXY    NJABL: sender is an open proxy
0.10    RCVD_IN_SORBS    SORBS: sender is listed in SORBS
1.10    RCVD_IN_SORBS_SOCKS    SORBS: sender is open SOCKS proxy server