Infinite Monkeys and other BLs

James Hammett james at CHE.UTEXAS.EDU
Wed Mar 17 18:54:23 GMT 2004

I think his question was, why does the file currently being
distributed with Mailscanner still have Infinite Monkey in it.

IMHO, the actions of the people at IM were vindictive and uncalled
for.  I hope someone takes some legal actions against them.

later,
james

At 04:01 PM +0000 3/17/04, Martin Hepworth wrote:
>Mike
>
>yes IM went splat on Monday around 2AM GMT. Has been non-updating since
>September...
>
>So, take it out of your system....
>
>I used the two spamhaus lists (combined) myself...
>

>--
>Martin Hepworth
>Snr Systems Administrator
>Solid State Logic
>Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300
>

>Mike R wrote:
>>I've received a call this morning from someone who is concerned that
>>Infinite Monkeys is blocking DNS illegitimately - and that IM is no longer
>>providing a real black list (supposedly they shut down last September).
>>
>>Should the reference for IM remain in my spam.lists.conf?
>>

>>If not, why was it that the version I used of MailScanner for my servers
>>from last November still have IM mentioned in the spam.lists.conf?  I would
>>have figured 2 months after the site shut down that MailScanner would have
>>been updated to reflect that.
>>
>>Are there any resources for other DNS BLs I may want to update the
>>spam.list.conf file with?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>-Mike

>the system manager.
>
>This footnote confirms that this email message has been swept
>for the presence of computer viruses and is believed to be clean.

James Hammett
Users Services / Server and Lab Administration
(SLAM)
Information Technology Services ( (ITS)                          CPE 4.442
Chemical Engineering Unix Support                                   471-9701