Infinite Monkeys and other BLs

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Wed Mar 17 20:21:19 GMT 2004

Er... why, when there's an open public searchable web archive of the list
you're only searching your partial and relatively new (only 4 months old)
list archive?

You seem to be not only a mediocre sysadmin, but also a poor searcher...
a quick search in http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?S1=mailscanner
quickly found in http://tinyurl.com/36b5d a copy of the message stating
Infinite-Monkeys was taking down its RBL service... as it is publicly
known, starting in the middle of last year, most (free, open) antispam
services were wildly attacked by spammers, making most of them completely
unfeasable...

You seem to use some free open stuff (e.g. MailScanner, Infinite-Monkeys
long dead RBL)...

Would you explain what is the reward you provide to those projects or the
people behind them?

Do you find that one of them (e.g. I-M RBL) didn't comply with a written
guarantee they provided? Where's that guarantee written?

Did you ever threatened to sue Microsoft for providing the most unsecure
environment, prone to all kinds of easy attacks? or did you read their
EULA saying something along the lines of "if it doesn't work for you,
it's your problem" and even "if you loose information or whatever because
of this software we will only be responsible up to the price you paid for
the license"?

Maybe Ron Guilmette will reimburse the money you paid him for using his
RBL (about $0)...

El 17 Mar 2004 a las 13:50, James Hammett escribió:

> At 06:57 PM +0000 on 3/17/04, you (Michele Neylon :: Blacknight
> Solutions) wrote:
> >  >It was public knowledge since September last that the RBL was being taken
> >offline. That people continued to use it was their mistake and not that of
> >the people behind the RBL.
>
> Looking through the SUBJECT Lines (with search) of the 7490 message
> in MY mailscanner mlist archive (Since I subscribed).  The first time
> Infinite-Monkeys is EVERY discussed (in all 7690 messages since
> November of last year) was at 12:27 PM on 3/15/04 by brichter.
>
> later,
> James

> James Hammett
> Users Services / Server and Lab Administration
> (SLAM)
> Information Technology Services ( (ITS)                          CPE 4.442
> Chemical Engineering Unix Support                                   471-9701
>         An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK jr.

Mariano Absatz
El Baby