muscle or numbers

Chris Conn cconn at ABACOM.COM
Tue Mar 16 20:42:16 GMT 2004

Hello,

We have a high-volume front-end application to design, and I wanted to
know the user experiences of having a SMP machine (ex: Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz)
vs two single-processor servers.  Can the MailScanner processes properly
span and utilize the dual-processor configuration, or is there a
significant advantage to use two seperate machines.  Obviously two
seperate machines will be a better performance solution, but to what
degree is my question.

We will be running on a modern Linux threaded distribution like RH9 or
RHEL and perl 5.8.x.

Thanks in advance,

Chris