Sophos av

MW Mike Weiner (5028) MWeiner at AG.COM
Tue Mar 16 17:51:11 GMT 2004

I am trying to evaluate sophos av for possible addition to clamav in our
environment, and upon installation I went up to the mailscanner website and
checked the faq for implementation and the following test actually fails:

/usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-wrapper eicar.com

With the following message:

/usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-wrapper: line 51:
/root/temp/../eicar.com/bin/sweep: Not a directory
/usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-wrapper: line 51: exec:
/root/temp/../eicar.com/bin/sweep: cannot execute: Not a directory

Now upon checking the sophos-wrapper I see PackageDir=$1 so I can see why
this fails, as it is prepended to the sweep binary as shown above. Does
anyone else have this problem? What is the graceful work around, such that
when upgrading my changes wont be lost?!?

Thanks in advance
Michael Weiner