Mailscanner, MTA and postfix questions

James Sizemore james at DENY.ORG
Tue Mar 16 16:42:38 GMT 2004

I have been running Mailscanner in the same single Postfix setup on a
cluster
of 5 email-gateways.  I am very happy with it as well. Much cleaner. Easier
to adjust flow rate of mail with only one master.cf.

I'm using postfix-2.0.11-5 and mailscanner-4.26.5-1  I'm curious to know
if you use spam action rules? /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.actions.rules
and if you do what version of Mailscanner and Postfix your using.
I am have an odd problem with the rules not matching right even with
"Use Default Rules With Multiple Recipients = yes" turned on.
I don't think this has anything to do with running in single instance mode
with Postfix, but never hurts to check.

MailScanner.conf :
%rules-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/rules
Spam Actions =  %rules-dir%/spam.actions.rules
High Scoring Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/high.spam.actions.rules