Error with Sophos install

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Tue Mar 16 12:11:32 GMT 2004

Norm Yates wrote:
> Following the MailScanner Installation Guide - Linux RPM [Sophos section]
> which has you do this (from the directory where you have put the
> linux.intel.libc6.tar.Z) /usr/sbin/Sophos.install
>
> I'm getting this error at the end
>
> "Fetching latest IDE virus identities from www.sophos.com
> Your Sophos installation may be too old. Please install the latest release
> of SophosLynx failed with error return 1
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have you got /usr/bin/wget on your system and/or do you need to use a
proxy to access the web?

(Julian - any chance of updating the error message since you changed
from using lynx to wget?)

> , Bad file descriptor at /usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-autoupdate line 100.
> Done."

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"