ANNOUNCE: Beta 4.29.1 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 16 12:01:10 GMT 2004

I have just released 4.29.1.

The ChangeLog for this release is at the bottom of this message.

Problems that are still outstanding are:
         - Postfix version 2.1 support
         - possible Postfix header doubling
         - Spam and MCP actions both as "deliver" causes deletion

I will hopefully get onto those in the next few days.

16/3/2004 New in Version 4.29.1
===============================
* New Features and Improvements *
- More robust MIME decoding, should catch postmaster bounces a lot better
   when they include the entire message with broken MIME headers.
- Clam -wrapper script adds /usr/ucb to end of $PATH for Solaris users.
- Moved cron job maximum update delay to /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner so it
   is preserved across upgrades.
- <Script> tags in HTML message bodies can now be filtered out or disarmed,
   just like what can be done already with <Form> tags and similar.

* Fixes *
- When not checking archives at all, they are now passed through correctly.
- Max Archive Depth should have been settable per-message.
- F-Prot output parser re-fixed so that it lets through password-encrypted
   archives as it should. Don't know what I was thinking when I blocked them
   here :-(
- Various waiting speedups by JJH.
- More speedups by me :-)
--