Better log excerpt...... (working again - why..?)

Stefan Zauchenberger stefanzman at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 01:53:44 GMT 2004

Thanks much for your suggestions.

Mail did finally begin appearing again, but it was
some time after all changes had been made.

It would be logical to attribute the downtime to the
Infinite Monkeys scenario, but removing this and
restarting MailScanner did not appear to correct the
issue (at least for the first 20-30 minutes).

Also, mail that was clearly whitelisted and not tagged
as spam did not get through for several hours.

Disabling AV scanning and SpamAssassin were one of the
first things I tried, but there was no change.
The MailScanner and Sendmail processes were both
running and there were no errors in the log files.

While both the client and I are pleased that the
system is again operational, it is somewhat
disconcerting that the actual cause remains unknown.