Debug SpamAssassin

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Mar 15 23:56:47 GMT 2004

Edward L. Hannaford wrote:
> I just found the "Rebuild Bayes Every =" and "Wait During Rebuild ="
> parameters.  Julian documented them as performing both rebuild and expiry,
> so I set the first to 86400 (seconds, should be once a day) and the second
> to yes.  I think that should do the trick.

Rebuild is always included in the expiry.

> I also shut down MailScanner and ran sa-learn --force-expire to a) see how
> long the expiry would take and b) make sure that expiry was done, as MS had
> probably timed-out every attempt that was made before.  It took 10 minutes,
> FWIW.

The rebuild is very quick (1-2 seconds) but the expiry can take up to
30-40 seconds for me sometimes. Try doing it again to see if it was
because it hadn't been done for so long.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25