Debug SpamAssassin

Edward L. Hannaford elhannaford at PSFINC.COM
Mon Mar 15 23:45:02 GMT 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:48:04 +0100, Peter Bonivart <peter at UCGBOOK.COM> wrote:

>If you have a recent MS it can do it for you, it should handle locking
>issues. I just run "sa-learn --force-expire" from cron during night and
>I've had no problems in two months since I started doing that. I don't
>have a single lock file in my Bayes folder, just the three files that
>are supposed to be there, journal, seen and tokens.

I just found the "Rebuild Bayes Every =" and "Wait During Rebuild ="
parameters.  Julian documented them as performing both rebuild and expiry,
so I set the first to 86400 (seconds, should be once a day) and the second
to yes.  I think that should do the trick.

I also shut down MailScanner and ran sa-learn --force-expire to a) see how
long the expiry would take and b) make sure that expiry was done, as MS had
probably timed-out every attempt that was made before.  It took 10 minutes,
FWIW.

-Ed