Tagging everything as spam

James Hammett james at CHE.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Mar 15 17:45:53 GMT 2004

Looking at the header, it looked like the Infinite Monkeys is marking
stuff as spam.  I edited /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf

# This is the list of spam blacklists (RBLs) which you are using.
# See the "Spam List Definitions" file for more information about what
# you can put here.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Spam List = ORDB-RBL #Infinite-Monkeys # MAPS-RBL+ costs money (except .ac.uk)

I simply inserted a # before "Infinite-Monkeys", this appears to have fixed it.

Hope this helps.
James

At 11:26 AM -0600 on 3/15/04, you (Joe Stuart) wrote:
>Out of nowhere last night my server running Mailscanner and spamassassin
>started tagging everything as spam.  No matter what spamassassin scores
>the message it tags it as spam.  I've checked my required scores and the
>low and high are set at 5 and 10, so thats not the problem and I cant
>find anything unusual in my log files. Does anyone have any thoghts as
>to what may be causing this? There was also nobody doing any work on the
>server this weekend.
>
>Thanks

James Hammett
Users Services / Server and Lab Administration
(SLAM)
Information Technology Services ( (ITS)                          CPE 4.442
Chemical Engineering Unix Support                                   471-9701