Load average high!!!

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Mon Mar 15 17:35:14 GMT 2004

A load of 5 is not that bad.  The best performance measure you can use is message delay, I think.

A load of 5 only means that at all times, 5 processes are waiting for some resource.  However, if those 5 processes are MS processes...

I think ram can really be a bottleneck.

Once it starts swapping, it can really kill your server.

How many max child process?  I don't think you'd need more than 1...