Outbound Postfix queue problem.

Csillag Tamás cstamas at digitus.itk.ppke.hu
Mon Mar 15 15:19:58 GMT 2004

On 03/15, Drew Marshall wrote:
> Csillag Tamás said:
> > But sooner or later I discovered that if I want to use it a 'postfix way'
> > I have to build that interface. (I mean exim)
>
> Would this be possible using the smtp perl module like Avmis (Or however
> the acronym is spelt!) does? That would make it cleaner.
Yes, it is possible!
But right know mailscanner is not following that design.
It can't be hard but for me it was easier to extend mailscanner with
exim. This way it is like a separated 'module' (I mean mailscanner + exim)

> > In postfix 2.1 the queue structure will change so mailscanner won't be
> > able to use that way (directly touching queue).
> >
> Great :-(
This does not mean it would not work at all!
but only until Julian implements the new structure.

> > You have to decide if you want to do it a clean way.
>
> Like the idea...
> >

> Drew

I think Postfix the only *actively* developed MTA that's why
it has not got a well determined queue struct (yet).

 Wietse Venema (the main developer) told the people on postfix-users list
 that he cannot release the description.
 He only gaves some advices how postfix should do that if he really
 wants to:
 http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2004-01/1609.html

--
cstamas