bayes problem

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Fri Mar 12 23:36:39 GMT 2004

Pete wrote:
> Spamd isnt used at all, get into your rc3.d dir and remove the start and
> kill scripts from spamassassin, do not launch or run spam assassin at
> all if you are running mailscanner. Julian has explained this a thousand
> time, spamd or spamc isnt used, spamassassin is a big perl library,
> MailScanner uses the libraries - if spamd or spamc is running you need
> to make sure it isnt anymore.

I would only modify this to say "if you're using SpamAssassin in
conjunction with MailScanner".  At home, I use SpamAssassin on its own
(via procmail) for various reasons, but I use MailScanner for virus and
other checks.  In that case, things become less clear, but hopefully the
mail admin in question knows how to figure out what's what (and not
blame MS for SA problems in that case).