Stopping Messages for one single website or one user

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Mar 11 21:41:45 GMT 2004

Dave's List Addy wrote:
> Well that brings up an interesting point about that page, there is this
>
> <SNIP>
> NOTE: You should also create a directory /etc/mail/spamassassin. In that
> directory, create a symlink for
>  local.cf -> /opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs
>  This will keep SpamAssassin's view of the world in sync with MailScanners'
> when you run SA commands interactively.
> </SNIP>
>
> But yet someone on the list stated not to symlink to the file. So here in
> lies the problem for some of us, who is right?? Doing a search on the
> archives will sometimes bring up results that can start to confuse, and I am
> sure there are times when some of us are in a hurry, could be a production
> server is out and spending 1-2 hours trying to get a decent answer is not an
> option and asking the list for a quick help is the best route (job security
> wise)

The above tip is correct and the one who "opposed" it was right too but
if I remember correctly his main point was that it was going to be
parsed twice but since this only happens when a new child starts
(default every four hours) it doesn't matter. Julian settled that
without hurting anyones feelings. ;-)

If Ugo is the editor it's his choice what solution is to be considered
best practice. If someone makes a strong case I don't doubt Ugo can ask
Julian for advice off list. This shouldn't be a problem at all.

I think this is a great project, especially since the FAQ is starting to
get really polluted with blank "new items" and people asking questions
instead of answering them. Hellooo? It will be much easier to push a
best practice with this. It's most welcome.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2