Recent error has me baffled...

Eric Sandquist esandquist at IHMS.NET
Thu Mar 11 21:31:37 GMT 2004

So where do I change this dir to something more palletable, such as /var/tmp
which has plenty of room and priviledges...

(Incidentally, I had temporarily changed perms on /root/tmp to 777 to check
against this problem being a permissiions issue and got the same result.)

Eric

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Peter Bonivart
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 3:27 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Recent error has me baffled...

Eric Sandquist wrote:
> LibClamAV Error: cli_cvdload(): can't create temporary directory
> /root/tmp/10fdf74c5386ed0c
> /usr/sbin/check_MailScanner: line 118: 28058 Broken pipe $process $config

Sounds like Clam can't write in that directory. My guess is it's only
writable by root (since it is /root it should be) and Clam drops
priviliges to user clamav when it executes, that's why it's stuck at
idle CPU, MS is just waiting for Clam to finish.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2