Mailscanner and Vexira?

Kristine Kimm kk at KEEPMEDIA.COM
Thu Mar 11 20:27:32 GMT 2004

Thank you Bill,
Yup - we are still small and have low mail overhead.  Thanks for the info, I
appreciate the help!

Our budget is small too - which is why I picked Vexira.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a virus scanner that fits a budget of
$200/yr and can integrate with MailScanner?

Cheers,
KK

-----Original Message-----
From: William Burns [mailto:William.Burns at aeroflex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 10:00 AM
To: MailScanner mailing list
Cc: kk at KEEPMEDIA.COM
Subject: Re: Mailscanner and Vexira?

Kristine:

I'm a mailscanner newbie, installing "w/ vexira".
I just configured a test machine w/ both CA-eTrust antivirus (called
from mailscanner) as well as Vexira in sendmail-milter-mode.
(SuSE 9 professional workstation, on a VMWare machine on my 1Ghz laptop)

I haven't tested w/ any mail volume yet.
My guess is that if you've got a 36GB disk (assuming that you're
delivering mail locally) you don't have much of a mail volume, so it
sould be fine.

I'm not aware of a config that lets me have vexira be called from
mailscanner.

-Bill