Most wanted FAQ's

Tristan Rhodes tristanr at CI.GRANDJCT.CO.US
Thu Mar 11 20:16:36 GMT 2004

Ugo,

I always like to refer new users to this site....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Tristan

>>> ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM 03/11/04 01:05PM >>>

I will look into that.  Added to my tasklist.

>Also, the easiest way to test email security is the GFI Email
>Security Testing Zone below.  It includes many exploits
>including the Eicar virus; most of which get caught by my
>system.  Not sure if anyone has gotten a perfect score with this test.
>
>GFI Email Security Testing Zone
>http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/

Added.

>Under Rules for Posting,
>"Use a meaningful subject.  If you change topics in a thread,
>change the subject line so that people who view the list as
>threads can better follow the ideas."
>"Please do not post in HTML"
>"Please do not include large attachments; it is better to post
>a link to your website so people can download it if they choose."

Added.  If anyone knows a good page describing the netiquette or rules for posting, I'd be glad to put a link to it.

>Also, I agree with a recent comment that the Faq-o-matic
>interface, it is littered with blank New Item distractions.
>How do we delete these?

I don't know.

>I have noticed that many opensource projects are using Wiki
>pages to update documentation, such as a FAQ.  Any thoughts on
>the benefits of this over Faq-o-matic?  I have found that I am
>more likely to edit a Wiki page because it is so easy to do.
>Problems get addressed quicker because anyone reading it can
>instantly update the page.

Never used any, sorry.

>Tristan

Thanks for your comments.